Temple Gate: An Accessible HTML5 WordPress Theme
We have just released a GPL license HTML5 WordPress theme.
The design of Temple Gate is inspired by the spirituality and simplicity of Japanese Temple Gate.
See the free HTML5 WordPress theme in action and find the download link from the demo site.
- WordPress 3.0+ ready!
- Multilingual translation ready! A “pot” (Portable Object Template) file is included for you to translate to your langauge.
- Main Navigation: a main navigation for pages, categories and external link menus all in one place. Configure it directly from admin.
- Theme Options (for logo, Feed icons, Twitter, Facebook profile and google analytics code from admin).
- Widgets ready!
- Sticky Post
- A banner section – insert image in each post using Custom Field ‘banner’.
- Show Popular Posts – Next to banner section. Required WordPress Popular Posts. Use other plugin/widget if you prefer.
- Insert image in a post/page using Custom Field. In the Excerpt mode (see example in the homepage) it shows a thumbnail size, in posts page it shows a full size image.
- Show 5 Related posts at the end of each article – required Related Posts by Category plugin
- A Links template (a.k.a Bookmarks) – extra bit of usability and SEO. This template is very useful if you have a long list of sites that you want to link to, and don’t want it shows up in the sidebar widget. Setup the page from the Pages page and select the template.
- An Archives template to display last 20 posts, posts by categories, posts by yearly and monthly. This thoughtful feature is useful if a site had been running for years and has hundreds of articles (in this case you probably don’t want the archives be displayed in the sidebar widget)
- Linking post published dates to their archives – extra bit of usability care that your reader/visitor will appreciate!
- Build with accessibility in mind: WCAG 2.0 AA and Section 508 quality
- Search Engine Optimized from ground up – structural markup and image optimization
- Highlight Author Comments by giving a different border color
- Threaded comments